Business Development Representative
Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Candidates for this position must be able to work full-time from our San Francisco office.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, with dotted line reporting to the Head of Sales. This is a quota-driven position with great variable earning potential for those who are successful at generating high quality leads for our sales team.
As a BDR you, your main objective is demand generation of qualified leads to fill our sales pipeline with high quality, pre-screened sales opportunities. You will spend the bulk of your time hunting new leads in existing and new customer accounts through direct phone outreach, individual email outreach and automated email campaigns.
You should have previous experience using platforms like LinkedIn, Outreach, MailChimp, Pardot, SFDC, ZoomInfo, or others to scrape contacts, perform list-pulls, aggregate and cleanse CRM data, and communicate directly with prospective customers. This is an amazing opportunity to help shape the way people work with 3D on a global scale!
In summary, the role will include the following:
– Direct outreach to prospective customers via phone, email and automated drip and content platforms
– Definition (with Sales) of our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) to frame qualification criteria
– Qualification of candidates through preliminary screening (usually phone)
– Composition of drip email and content campaigns (with Marketing)
– Execution of drip campaigns using automated marketing platform
– Participation in initial post-qualification sales calls
– Tracking of key BDR and Sales metrics via dashboards and reporting internally
Umbra is the leader in delivering 3D graphics to any platform. We are looking for top talent who can help us expand our reach beyond 3D gaming to new markets including architecture and construction, manufacturing, automotive, and medical to name a few. Experience in a 3D graphics or CAD is highly preferred as you will need to quickly understand the requirements and work flows of these prospective customers:
– 1-2 years experience in a lead-gen, BDR or similar role
– Experience in market research a must
– Experience using and administering automated email campaign tools (MailChimp, Outreach, etc), Sales tools (SFDC, Pipedrive), and contact scraping tools (LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, etc.)
– Experience working in a quota, metrics-driven environment
– Aggressive hunter mentality that enjoys chasing and qualifying valuable leads
– Excellent email and phone communication skills with an ability to convert complex concepts into concise benefits that hook potential customers
– Experience working cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing teams
– Extremely strong verbal and written skills with content creation/copywriting experience high preferred
– Experience in the graphics or CAD industry is preferred