Digital Product Designer
Umbra is building a completely new product and workflow to make it possible to intuitively take any 3D model and scene and visualize it on any device, like the Microsoft Hololens or the HTC Vive. We are looking for an experienced product designer to ensure that we are capable of delivering a world-class user experience for optimizing and consuming 3D content.
Our product integrates into many tools, like Revit, Navisworks and Archicad, and for different kinds of users – for example, architects, industrial designers, project managers and video game developers. In addition to tool integrations we need to build an array of applications to a wide range of familiar and exotic devices from the web browser to the Hololens.
– Turning ideas into something useful, valuable and fun for our users
– Understanding what makes an experience good or bad
– Thinking through user problems, finding reasonable solutions, mocking them up in detail and working with engineers to build them
– Excellent communication skills, you need to be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
– Ability to think about the product strategy on a high level – not only what it looks like, but also what we should build
– Proven track record of building and shipping software products
– You obsess over details and are excited to polish your and others’ work until it’s pixel-perfect
– A portfolio of design work
– UX and/or UI design experience of VR or AR applications
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS TO ALL POSITIONS AT UMBRA
– Being able to take initiative and to make things happen
– Social personality and and a good team player
– Passion for tech and video games is a plus!