Wolt is a technology company building the one app for food. Be it discovering or getting great meals – takeaway, home delivery or to the table – Wolt takes care of it for you. Pick a restaurant, build your order, choose delivery, takeaway or eat in and hit send. Magic ensues. We’re a Series A startup well backed by EQT Ventures (lead by Kees Koolen – served as CEO of Booking.com), Skype founder Niklas Zennström, Supercell CEO Ilkka Paananen, and Nokia’s Chairman Risto Siilasmaa. The Wolt team consists of people previously working at industry-leading companies such as Booking.com, Google, Rovio, KPMG and American Express.
In our product team, there will be no typical day, and to be successful as an Engineering Lead, you will need to be self-motivated, creative, have strong entrepreneurial hustle, and be able to lead the way for the future of our team of engineers.
The Amsterdam office is an extension of the Wolt HQ in Helsinki and home to colleagues across all functions including tech, product, business and operations. We are looking for an Engineering Lead who is up for the challenge of building out a world-class engineering team in Amsterdam.
- Take the Lead: Serve as the fearless leader of our team of engineers and work closely with the talent team on recruitment and management of our product team
- Roadmapping: Play a key role in defining the technical roadmap for the Wolt product
- Code Obsessed: You’re a true coder at heart well-versed in an array of programming languages and product stacks
- Communication: Communicate growth objectives across teams and for diverse audiences at all levels of Woltness
- Scalability: You know how to optimize product for growth and create scalable processes, procedures and best practices and take existing ones to scale
- Get shit done: Hustle, hustle, hustle.
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant engineering role with at least 4+ years of technical management experience
- An insatiable curiosity and are genuinely interested in and have experience with managing, growing and improving engineering on an organizational level
- A proven track record seeing large-scale projects to fruition across teams and target areas
- Vision, focus, and a laser sharp ability to predict needs of the product team before they arise
- A love for food and passion to build products for our users
- A drive to continually interrogate the Wolt product and how we do things. Leave no stone unturned!
You are also:
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in the E.U.