Wolt is a venture-funded technology company building the one digital platform for discovering and getting great food. We are a company of 80+ people, currently in 10 cities in 4 countries with more than 400,000 registered users using our Apple-awarded app. If you want to have an impact on your city and have a passion for technology and food, then Wolt is the place for you.
About the Role:
As Wolt’s Finance Specialist you will be working in the Finance Team in Wolt’s HQ in Helsinki.
You will be responsible for:
– Participating in and coordinating the accounting work partly performed by external accountants of Wolt entities in different countries
– Restaurant and courier payments processing
– Revenue recognition
– Participating in monthly closings, preparation of financial statements and tax filings
– Purchase invoice handling and payment processing
– Providing input to payroll processes
– Various other accounting-related and financial tasks
– Taking the initiative & execution – you are able to initiate and work independently on several tasks at the same time, manage priorities and finish what you started.
– Accuracy – you are meticulous and known for precise work.
– Growing together with the company – you are able to constantly develop new and more efficient ways of working. You adapt quickly to changing processes and environment.
– Not just a number lover – even when you work with numbers, you also work with people. Outside of the finance team, you work closely with external accountants and operations people in country teams.
– You have 3+ years of experience as an accountant or in a similar position.
– You have prior experience in a fast-paced environment where you need to figure out solutions without anyone telling you exactly what to do.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics or other financial degree.
– Fluent in Finnish and English, both spoken and written.
– Excellent MS Excel skills.
– Prior experience in Procountor as well as international accounting practices and taxation is a plus.
– Must be eligible to work in the E.U.
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefits you will also be eligible for our stock option plan. So if you are excited about working in a high growth environment, taking ownership and being a part of an extremely high performing team then we’d love to hear from you!