Be a part of Umbra’s growing team that is building a cloud-based service for optimizing and hosting any 3D content for streaming to any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Frontend Developer you will be in charge of the development of the Umbra Web App, the web frontend to our 3D platform.
Your primary tasks are:
– Building and improving our React-based application.
– Co-operate with our backend development to make sure the system can deliver a superb UX
– Collaborating with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
– Keeping up to date with modern web technology and design practices.
– Aptitude at test driven development.
– Experience working on a large-scale web code base.
– Clear communication skills and desire to collaborate.
– Must be highly proactive and a self-starter. We’re a startup, so everyone contributes to design, product, front and back end.
– Experience working with scalable REST APIs. Bonus points if you’ve actually built some.
BONUS POINTS FOR
– 3D graphics and WebGL development experience.
– Backend development, AWS and Scala programming language.
– Experience using Git for source control.
– Experience of implementing and maintaining payment systems.
– Proven experience of integrating various SaaS tools – such as CRMs.