Junior Data Engineer
Wolt is a technology company building the one app for food. Be it discovering or getting great meals – takeaway, home delivery or to the table – Wolt takes care of it for you. Pick a restaurant, build your order, choose delivery, takeaway or eat in and hit send. Magic ensues. We’re a Series A startup well backed by EQT Ventures (lead by Kees Koolen – served as CEO of Booking.com), Skype founder Niklas Zennström, Supercell CEO Ilkka Paananen, and Nokia’s Chairman Risto Siilasmaa.
About the Infrastructure Team:
In our Infrastructure team there is no typical day, and to be successful in our Data Engineer role you will need to be self-motivated, creative, have strong analytical skills, and a passion for all things data-related. So basically a Unicorn! If you have what it takes, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Business Oriented: Build distributed data pipelines to power new business insight products
- Well-versed: Work with tools like Airflow, Spark, Kinesis and other open-source / AWS technologies
- Curiousity: You have coded projects in Python and/ or Scala and know how to test your code. Other languages and experiences definitely a plus!
- Team Player: Work closely with our infrastructure and data science teams and partner with other teams across Wolt to further develop data-driven solutions to diverse business needs
- Get shit done: Hustle, hustle, hustle.
YOU WILL BE:
- Able to build batch and streaming data pipelines from scratch, having knowledge of what goes typically wrong and how to fix it
- Knowledgeable about creating scalable approaches to data storage, access, and modeling
- Familiar with big data technologies such as Hadoop and/or Spark, and workflow management software like Airflow/Azkaban/Luigi/Oozie
- Prior experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Able to talk about Lambda/Kappa architectures
- Fluent in English
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U.