Marketing Communications Manager
Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Marketing Communications Manager will report directly to the CMO in Umbra’s San Francisco office. He/she will be responsible for both outbound and inbound marketing, managing Umbra 3D’s worldwide digital and social media presence, coordinating event logistics, and working closely with our product marketing, web design and PR teams to develop consistent brand positioning and messaging.
This is an incredible opportunity to help shape the future of the company’s flagship technology offerings, how we bring them to market, and how we communicate them to a number of global industries. The MCM will:
– Help our demand gen team by writing/collaborating on content and automated comms campaigns
– Drive SEO/SEM/Social strategies and execution that drive demand generation
– Own event coordination and execution working with cross-functional internal and external resources
– Manage Umbra brand and style guide for both internal and external purposes
– Execute on digital growth strategies that drive increased traffic to Umbra’s online presence(s)
– Work closely with our Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager on product launch planning, collateral creation, and public communication strategy
We are a small but potent team of industry experts with a big task ahead of us – good candidates will meet the requirements, but great candidates will go above and beyond the job description. We need critical thinkers who are also creative enough to find effective solutions to the challenges we will face on a daily basis.
– 3+ years marketing and/or brand experience, preferably both outbound and inbound
– Experience developing corporate marketing collateral and materials required
– Experience designing and/or managing a corporate digital web presence a must
– Event coordination/management experience required
– Social media/SEO/SEM experience required (please cite campaign examples with metrics)
– Experience launching at least one major B2B or B2C software or hardware product
– Experience in the graphics, gaming, CAD, 3D or VR industry highly desired
– Strong communication, writing and presentation skills a must
– Cross functional team experience with engineering, creative, PR and operations
– Experience managing external contractors preferred
– Experience working with global teams preferred
– BA/BS required