Protocol Standardization expert
We are building our connectivity ecosystem recognition and to ensure compatibility to higher layer applications SW. In this area, the compatibility to internet protocols is one key objective for us.
Wirepas is looking for a radio and IP protocol standards and design expert who will be part of industry collaboration team driving our activities in relevant industry associations.
As the radio protocol standards and design expert you will work closely with the R&D and technology team teams to ensure compatibility to relevant open standards or specifications. You will be attending in relevant industry associations work, such as IETF, etc. organizations.
You will also be part technology strategy work defining our future objectives in respective international associations.
The successful candidate has convincing track record working in international standards organizations and good understanding the working procedures they have. The candidate must have proven work history on how ideas are converted to standards or specifications.
– Wirepas Internet protocol specification lead in R&D
– Create our standards roadmap for relevant industry organization. Based on strategy, create relevant material and manage our protocol aspects in open standards.
– Identify key application domain requirements and plan required actions
– Responsible for co-ordinating standards work in relevant organization with our customers and ecosystem partners.
– Influence our internal feature development based on international organizations activity
– Customer and competitor analysis and ensure that the company has relevant information at hand for decisions.
– Write comprehensive meeting reports including proposals of own actions for future meetings.
– 10+ year working experience as a communication protocol system design and standardization, preferably in IETF area on resource constrained embedded SW designs.
– Excellent knowledge on wireless and internet protocols related to various application layer SW protocols.
– Good understanding on embedded SW design and tools
– Excellent written and spoken English skills, capability present and defend our position in standardization meetings.
– Ability to understand and explain complex technical issues to our technical staff, and convert technical discussion to a proposal
– Good negotiation skills and capability to lead work on way forward proposals in international meetings.
– Excellent networks in IETF organization with relevant people, helping to negotiate and progress our initiatives.
– Willingness to travel globally to relevant standards meeting, approx. 20% of working time.
– Willingness to innovate and learn new things
– Familiarity with web based technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
Preferred locations Tampere, London, Munich, Grenoble, Bay area.