Senior Backend Engineer
Wolt is a technology company building the one app for food. Be it discovering or getting great meals – takeaway, home delivery or to the table – Wolt takes care of it for you. Pick a restaurant, build your order, choose delivery, takeaway or eat in and hit send. Magic ensues. We’re a Series A startup well backed by EQT Ventures (lead by Kees Koolen – served as CEO of Booking.com), Skype founder Niklas Zennström, Supercell CEO Ilkka Paananen, and Nokia’s Chairman Risto Siilasmaa.
About the Consumer Team:
The Consumer Team at Wolt creates beautiful and functional user experiences for the Wolt product. In this team you will work with topics like discovery, search, and machine learning to continue pushing the limits of what the Wolt product can do for our users.
- Team Player: Work independently and also closely with our Product team to partner on things like architecture design, product development, and our product roadmap
- Business Oriented: Have a say in the things we build and how we build them, which in turn affects the Wolt experience and product
- Take Ownership: Own the code that you write. We are proud of our code and we believe in clean code principles and unit tests test coverage.
- Know-it-all: You’re familiar with our stack (we use mostly Python, Scala, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AWS), but also willingly to learn new programming languages and ways of building things.
- You’re knowledgable about Python or Scala, or any of the JVM languages, functional programming and databases
- You already have experience designing and building architecture under your belt and are looking for your next challenge
- You understand that what we build must scale, and have experience in working with systems that require scalability
- You have a good understanding how modern services work
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help us take the Wolt product to new heights
- Fluent in English