Senior Protocol SW Design Engineer
Wirepas is developing connectivity protocol for large scale IoT applications improving customers’ businesses and end users’ life and welfare.
We are looking for an experienced protocol software design engineer to develop further and test our unique radio communications protocol for large-scale industrial IoT. The candidates should have solid experience from embedded software engineering and programming, protocol software implementation, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. The position is located in Tampere, Finland.
To fulfil the promise that smart lighting, both city-wide and in building, holds to provide a platform for IIoT applications requires the use of fit-for-purpose wireless connectivity. Wirepas and our products provides just that.
– Designing, implementing, and testing of wireless, de-centralized network protocols
– Developing and testing Wirepas Connectivity protocol stack software
– Debugging and diagnosing software and hardware in a lab environment
– Designing and implementing test environments for embedded software
– Embedded protocol software design engineer with >5 years of experience
– Knowledge of OSI-7 model, especially from physical to transport layer
– Knowledge of embedded debugging tools and techniques
– Experience from programming both PC and embedded targets
– ARM Cortex-M processor knowledge
Development environment knowledge requirements
– Linux & Windows
– C, Python
– Database knowledge (MySQL)
– Git & Gerrit
Extra points with
– RF application experience
– Knowledge in RF and radio
– Knowledge in IPv6 protocols
– Knowledge in radio protocols (such as Bluetooth, BLE, ZigBee, IEEE 802.15.4 and others)