Senior UI Engineer
You will be a key member of the front end team at Vizor – the platform for VR on the web – working closely with our Frontend Lead and Creative Director to build awesome UX.
You’ll be at the center of the WebVR ecosystem, and a vital part of a world-class team creating an entirely new medium. Vizor is an early-stage startup between its angel and seed rounds, so now is the perfect time to join us.
You’ll also be encouraged to play with and get to know our platform and related technologies by creating experimental WebVR experiences and researching new UI trends.
Roles & responsibilities
- Build beautiful, performant, user-friendly interfaces with modern Web technologies
- Implement UI on top of data and API layers
Skills & requirements
- You’re self-organised, comfortable working in a flat organisation without close supervision
- You aim for pixel perfection, and you care deeply about code quality
- You’ve an eye for elegant interactions
- Fluency in HTML5, bare-bones JS, CSS3 and media queries
- Track record building real-time, event-based web applications using eg. React and Flux
- You’re at ease with complex, asynchronous code
- You feel comfortable with Git flow, and are an expert Chrome debugger
- Experience implementing custom UI controls
- Familiarity with Sketch
- You’ve dabbled with Three.js and/or WebVR
- Understanding of responsive design, progressive enhancement, graceful degradation, and when not to use them