Strategic Accounts Manager, 3D Gaming
Umbra is on a mission to make it possible to display any 3D content in real-time on any piece of hardware. Umbra’s solutions are the backbone of a wide range of 3D consumer applications worldwide. The technology is already used by dozens of tier 1 gaming studios and is included as a plug-in in the popular Unity game engine.
With 3D becoming increasingly relevant for a number of non-gaming applications, Umbra, which was founded in Helsinki in 2006, is now expanding its presence in the U.S. market with a sales office in Seattle, Washington and a U.S. headquarters based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Strategic Accounts Manager, Gaming will report directly to the VP of Sales in either our Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA office. This role will require both business development and account management skills to own relationships with Umbra’s vast network of current game developer/publisher customers while hunting for new opportunities with both existing and new customers in the Gaming vertical.
This role will require someone who can balance the hybrid role of building strong, long-term, senior-level relationships with both small and large game publishers and studios while also being aggressive when an opportunity arises to develop new business within one of our existing customer accounts. The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead Generation – through outreach and organizational discovery, mine for key decision makers and stakeholders that meet Umbra’s Ideal Customer Profie (ICP)
- Opportunity Qualification – Qualify opportunities at both existing and new customers in the Gaming vertical
- Sales – Take an opportunity from initial pitch all the way through contract/terms negotiations and deal closure
- Strategic Relationship Management – Ongoing outreach to existing customers to become a “trusted advisor” at each of your accounts
- Account Expertise – Be the Umbra expert on every account in your book of business and communicate that expertise regularly to internal teams
- Requirements Gathering – Listen to our customers and bring back data based on their desires and requirements that can be synthesized into key features/functions in future product releases
First and foremost, Umbra is a small, but quickly growing company, which means that candidates should be comfortable working in an environment that moves at a rapid pace. You must be capable of juggling multiple accounts simultaneously, which will require solid prioritization skills. In addition, given we have offices in three location in two time zones, candidates must be excellent communicators to ensure that our cross-functional teams are in lockstep. Strong candidates will have the following:
- 3-5 years business development and/or account mgmt. experience in gaming or 3D graphics
- Experience in SaaS-style software licensing and pricing
- Must show examples of selling complex, technology projects to highly technical buyers
- Multiple examples of closing, or being part of a commercial team that has closed large-scale software deals
- Experience using automated sales/lead gen tools (SFDC, Pipedrive, Outreach, MailChimp, Pardot, etc.)
- Strong cross-functional communications skills with commercial and engineering teams
- An existing network of professionals in the gaming and 3D industries are a plus
- Technical / engineering background is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 25%